Remote Extender- IR Repeater System allows you to control home theater components located behind cabinet doors.
With this hidden IR Repeater you use an existing IR remote control to operate hidden audio video components. It's a breeze to set up and will allow you to send IR remote control signals from one room to another room. It can control up to 8 AV components. It includes the hidden IR repeater box, four (4) dual output emitters with 2m and 4m cords and a mini-plug connector. The IR Receiver has a 1m cord and a 4-pin DIN connector. The unit also includes a plug-in power supply.
Note: Our IR repeater only supports single-band frequencies and may not be compatible with dual-band frequency devices.
Some devices that have been reported to work include:
- Sony receivers
- TiVo DVRs
- Onkyo receivers (e.g., HTS-3400)
Some devices that have been reported to have trouble with this repeater include:
- Scientific Atlanta cable boxes (e.g., 8300 HD)
- Denon receivers
- ATT U-verse DVRs
- Dish Network DVRs
Please check with your equipment manufacturer to determine if your equipment is compatible with this repeater.
The IR Repeater kit is Easy to Install:
- Place the Receiver in your desired location. You can attach it to the location with the included double sided tape if you wish.
- Place the IR emitters on devices that you want to control. (Place them on the IR window on the devices) by peeling and sticking the emitters on the device.
- Plug the target into the IR receiver jack on the hidden IR repeater controller and plug the IR emitters into locations 1 and 2 of the controller
- Mount the hidden controller in cabinet with the electronics and plug it in you are done.